Dirty mouth, dirty feet, wild child

by sharleen wl

Hey, hows it going barefoot guys and gals? I know its been along time since I posted. School kinda got in the way. Then I got really sick over the summer while my family was on vacation overseas. Bummer. But I'm feeling much better now, and excited that October my favorite month is here.

You may remember that I, unlike my big sister Tania, didn't really like having dirty feet. I would like wash my feet every day before entering the house or going to bed. That was when I was living with my parents, and I believe I was greatly influenced by my mom who was (and still is) a clean freak.

Even before I became a barefooter she would tell me to wash my feet at bed time even when they weren't dirty. She was opposed to us going barefoot in the beginning but finally relented since many people do it here, but she wanted us to have our feet clean inside the house. Tania rebelled and didn't listen, but I at the time thought it was a good idea to have clean feet.

Filthy feet
Well, now I'm living in my own apartment close to school and I don't really give a  f u c k anymore. Besides, there is no place to wash my feet outside here. So I just wash them whenever I take a shower which doesn't happen every day. So you can imagine what my feet look like.

So ya, I sleep in dirty feet now too which was a no-no in the past. Tania was so amused when she learned this because I used to have big arguments with her about being gross, haha!

Another thing, I can be n a k e d all the time at home, whereas in my parents' house it was limited to my room. Ya, I consider myself a home n u d i s t. I just feel more relaxed without wearing anything on my body. Clothes are almost as restrictive as shoes and socks. We need them to go out and to socialize but once I'm home and alone, off they come.

Just like being barefoot, being n a k e d makes me feel vulnerable and yet free and uninhibited. It is so... sensuous.

Living on my own allows me great freedom, needing to follow less rules, rituals or norms.

I also like to cuss which is part of my rebelliousness. Most of my friends do it too, but they like to joke saying that my mouth is as filthy as my feet. I also have a few conservative friends who never swear and they get annoyed when I do it in front of them. They give me s h i t about it and came up with a lame joke. "What's the difference between Sharleen's mouth and feet? Only the position. One is higher than the others, but they all need to be washed with soap." :p

Its fun to cuss and sometimes shock people, but I have to be very careful not to do it in front of people who may be offended by it (like professors and other older people) and get myself in trouble.

My dad is really laid back and he doesn't really mind it. When I do it too much he would just give me a stink eye and I would giggle. My mom, the only religious person in the family, doesn't tolerate it at all. Like just a few days ago I went to visit my parents and I was telling them an exciting story. I forgot all about it and dropped the F bomb. Suddenly without warning her hand landed on my cheek. Ouch! Ya,sometimes that happens when i get carried away but that's a small price to pay for the joys of swearing, lol.

"Not all girls are made of sugar and everything nice.
Some girls are made of adventure, dark chocolate, intelligence, cuss words & courage."

"I'm with the dirty mouth girls.
The ones with bare feet, brilliant minds, messy hair, wild hearts and feisty spirits.
The ones who aren't afraid to speak up and who live for doing what they've been told is impossible."

"We are the ones with the messy hair, the dirty feet, and that wild sparkle in our eyes..." 

~ Brooke Hampton (Barefoot Five)

Hey, Halloween is coming soon. What are you going to dress up as? I haven't really decided but I will be barefoot as usual for sure. If you need ideas for barefoot Halloween costumes check out the page that Jonathan and I put together.

Hopefully I'll also have time to write a spooky story and post it on my story blog.

Thanks for reading. From paradise Hawaii this is Sharleen reminding you that life is magical. So...

Aloha, and have a magical day!

Enjoy going barefoot? Check out this book!

Comments