Featured Post

Translate This Blog

Barefoot Halloween Stories

Hi everyone, this is Sharleen. How's it going? Are you still barefoot or is it too cold already where you live? I'm lucky to live in Hawaii where I can go barefoot all year. Well, spooky season is upon us once again. Over the years I've written a few barefoot Halloween stories (yeah, barefooting and Halloween are a couple of things I really love), and I thought I would compile them on this page so it would be easier for you to find them. Most of them are posted in my other blog (the scary stories blog). So I'll just briefly describe and link them here.

barefoot witch costume
Barefoot witch
Click here to see more witch costumes

The first one is about when I went trick-or-treating barefoot when I was 12 years old. I was dressed as Little Red Riding Hood who is often depicted barefoot. I did quite a bit of walking that night, so by the time I got home my feet were filthy. But I also saw something that kinda spooked me at one of the houses in the neighborhood. This story is kid friendly which means its not too scary (yet fun and heart-warming), and there is no cussing. Yeah, I can be a good girl once in a while, lol. This story is also one of the most popular.

The second story is about when I met a barefoot little girl on a cold and foggy October night, a couple of weeks before Halloween. It happened when I had to take the bus home after my evening class at college. This is quite a chilling story (pun intended) which is also rather sad. It contains strong language, so reader discretion is adviced ;)

The third one took place when I was little and used to camp out in the backyard with my little brother Kevin on weekends. Well, that year Halloween fell on a Friday which was like an extra treat for us as we could stay up later and have fun in the tent. Our mom apparently had the same idea - she wanted to make it more fun for us, so she came to our tent and decided to tell us a scary story about the faceless ghost. We thought that was rather strange because mom normally didn't like it when we read spooky stories as we got scared so easily. Well, what happened afterwards turned out to be really scary with a twist ending. So click on the link and read it for yourself. Note that this story is more geared towards Halloween, rather than barefooting (i.e. going barefoot is only mentioned briefly).

The latest one took place somewhere out in the country in Washington state (like an hour from Seattle) where I decided to celebrate my favorite holiday with an old friend. It was alot of fun although it was fucking cold (yeah, it was like too cold for this Hawaiian girl, lol). Read all about my magical barefoot Halloween.

Have fun reading them, and consider this a treat from your favorite barefoot girl! :)

PS
I had another somewhat spooky experience while barefoot, but this one was told by my sister Tania: The Bunny, The Witch, and The Barefoot Angel.

Oh, there's 2 more I almost forgot as I wrote them a while ago. They're oldies but goodies and are relevant to Halloween and barefooting.

The first is about me in my early barefooting years (I was about 9 at the time). It was a dark and stormy day a week before Halloween. Mom was making my favorite Halloween cookies but she ran out of sugar, so I offered to go out and get some from a nearby convenient store for I wanted to have fun walking barefoot in the rain. After a brief argument with mom, she finally let me. But I saw something spooky in the store which kinda scared me. 

The second is about Kevin and me getting scared silly in the tent (yeah, it happened to us like more than once) after reading some ghost stories for grown-ups around Halloween.

From paradise Hawaii this is Sharleen the barefoot girl reminding you that life is magical. So until next time...

Have a magical and spooktacular Halloween!

PPS
If your gonna spend Halloween barefoot, you should check out some barefoot Halloween costumes.

This week's most popular posts

A Day in the Life of a Barefoot College Student

Do you like feet?

Going Barefoot at School

Barefoot in Asian culture

Barefoot in Seattle

Sponsored

Sponsored
Bohemian Handmade Starfish Barefoot Sandals

Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate, the owner of this blog earns from qualifying purchases with no additional cost to you.

Blog followers

Labels

Show more