Barefoot Halloween Costumes

by Jonathan and Sharleen (updated on October 3, 2023)

barefoot cavewoman costume
Barefoot cave woman costume
Get this costume now!.


Have you ever worn a barefoot Halloween costume? By that I mean a costume that can or should be worn barefooted. For instance, if you dress as Tarzan or a Hobbit you would not wear anything on your feet. Shoes that look like bare feet don't count.

Well, I have gone barefoot on Halloween as a pirate, Tarzan/jungle man, and Tom Sawyer, and I had a blast.

So the question is, where can you go barefoot on Halloween night? How about trick-or-treating? Yeah, if you're still at the right age for it or you have kids of your own, you certainly want to give it a serious thought as it's really fun to go out barefoot on Halloween.

You can also attend a party wearing a barefoot costume at someone's home or a public place. Some establishments may make an exception to their "no bare feet" policy for Halloween, especially if it's a private party.  Don't be afraid of getting your feet dirty. You can always wash them later.

You have to use common sense, though. You should go out barefooted on Halloween only if you live in a warm place where it's still quite comfortable to be barefoot outside that time of the year. You also need to make sure you're in a safe and well kept neighborhood where there aren't a lot of broken glasses or other sharp objects on the ground because remember, you will be walking around in the dark for a good part of the evening.

Obviously, if you're not going out, you can be barefoot and wear a costume at home while hosting a Halloween party or just entertaining the little ghouls, goblins, and witches. In this case you don't even have to worry about getting your feet dirty or cold.

So what characters can you dress barefooted as? I mentioned Tarzan and jungle man earlier, and they are the simplest characters to dress as, since all you need is a loincloth! But if you prefer to wear fancier costumes, many are available too.

Barefoot caveman costume
Get this costume now!.






Other similar characters include Jane, Jungle Jim, and caveman/woman. My friend Tania loves to wear a jungle woman costume like the one shown at the top of the page while her little sister Sharleen loves to dress as a barefoot witch.

Barefoot witch
Click here for witch costumes.


Added by Sharleen: Little Red Riding Hood is often depicted barefoot. So ya, you can add her to the list of barefoot characters. Read the slightly spooky story about the night I went out trick-or-treating as Red Riding Hood and came home with filthy feet.

Little Red Riding Hood costume (available in different colors) -
Get this costume now!

OK, what other characters can you dress barefoot as? Here's a list. Some of them are pretty obvious while the others are not, but they look so natural in bare feet.
barefoot native american costume
A barefoot girl wearing a
Native American costume

Can you think of anything else? Someone mentioned hobbits, and I kinda did in the beginning too. Yeah, hobbits are great but the thing is, many people wear shoes that look like bare feet instead of actually going barefoot when they dress as a hobbit.

In fact those shoes are called hobbit feet I believe, complete with artificial hair and everything. Now to me that looks gross! :) I would rather just stick some fake hair to my bare feet like the boy in the picture below.

Hobbit costume
Hobbit
Get this costume now!.
Well, you get the idea. So, why not wear a barefoot Halloween costume this year and impress your family, friends, and neighbors.

Bonus
This one is not a costume but is a very popular item during Halloween, and is barefoot related. We can't show you the picture here because Google considers it "shocking content" which is not for everyone. I guess that's because it's well... shocking! It used to have its own page but we had to take it down. So check it out for yourself: b l o o d y bare footprint bath mat.

Visit the Halloween Store now for more costumes and spooky cool stuff!

The following was added by Sharleen
So one Halloween night I decided to do something different. I dressed as Samara Morgan from The Ring. It was really simple, all I did was put on a white robe and had my hair cover my face. My hair was long enough so I didn't need a wig or anything, otherwise you can buy one for really cheap. Of course, I was barefoot as she was in the movie. But instead of going trick or-treating I went to a friend's house to scare the trick or-treaters.

I stood in the front yard trying to be as still as possible as people walked in so everybody thought I was a Halloween decoration. Then as they passed in front of me on the way out I giggled and moved, and they all (mostly kids but a few grown-ups too) screamed and ran! I know it was kinda mean but hey, it was Halloween and it was all in good fun!

So ya, you can add Samara or any other ghost girl to the list of barefoot Halloween characters.


You may also like:

Scared silly - a barefoot Halloween story.

Enjoy going barefoot? Check out this book!


Comments

  1. Anonymous10:08 AM

    Any Hobbit would work too. I think it's a great idea for everyone (trick-or-treaters and those passing out candy at the door or partying at home) to go barefoot for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment