Barefoot staycation

by sharleen wl

i recently took a week's vacation. it was a staycation to be exact because well, i live in hawaii. people come here for vacation so why should i go anywhere else? lol. that meant it was going to be a full week being completely barefoot. as i previously mentioned, my current job as a cashier at a restaurant doesn't allow me to be barefoot at work. i can wear flip flops (or rubber slippers as they call them here) which is cool as i despise closed shoes but still, it ain't the same as being barefoot.

if you've been following my blog for a while you know that i'm a rebellious barefoot girl who refuses to wear shoes no matter the weather or occasion. i just love the feeling of the earth beneath my feet and the freedom that comes with being shoeless. so a whole day spent in bare feet is always an adventure. it never gets old. i usually have sunday and monday off which i always look forward to and now i'll literally be barefoot 24/7. it'll be a magical full week filled with barefoot fun. fuck yeah! the reason i'm so excited is because the last time that happened was like 2 years ago when we were still in lock down and the restaurant was only open for take-outs and my boss allowed me to work in bare feet (you can read about it here - still barefoot after all these years). so ya its been awhile.

barefoot girl in a tree

today is sunday which is my day off anyway but i'll count it as day 1. as soon as i wake up in the morning i jump out of bed, put on my shorts and crop top and head straight for the door wearing nothing on my feet. i don't even bother brushing my teeth, washing up and combing my hair. why should i? i won't be meeting any customers or co-workers or going to church (i'm an atheist in case you didn't know). to me that's total freedom. wish i didn't have to put any clothes on either but then they might put me in jail which means no freedom lol. well i’m still showing quite a bit of skin wearing the short shorts and belly-baring crop top. no bra or panties in case your wondering. like shoes and socks those things are too restrictive. don’t need any of that shit.

i just can't wait to feel the cool grass under my toes. so i walk along the dirt path towards the woods behind my apartment complex and start exploring. i just love being surrounded by nature, admiring the tall trees, colorful wild flowers and animals like squirels, birds and even some insects. i even climb trees and chase after a couple of the squirels. it was alot of fun. the soles of my feet are tough and calloused from years of going barefoot, so i hardly feel a thing as i run over sticks and rocks.

after a couple hours of exploring i feel a little hungry so i walk back home. i look at my soles as i stand outside the door. they aren't as dirty as they usually are when i walk on city streets but there's some lose dirt and small dry leaves stuck to them. i just wipe them on the doormat before walking in. besides being a barefooter i'm also a home nudist so i quickly take my clothes off and walk to the kitchen. i happen to have a leftover piece of sandwich in the fridge. so i make myself a cup of tea and eat the sandwich while i watch the late morning news on tv.

after lunch i head back outside to continue my barefoot adventures. this time i walk to the creek to watch the ducks. i even bring some bread to feed them which makes them happy. the ground near the creek is damp and cool which feels fantastic on my bare soles. suddenly i start sneezing. like multiple times. ya, as much as i love nature unfortunately i'm also allergic to quite a few things. but that's a small price to pay and won't stop me from enjoying the outdoors.
side note - between my allergies and colds (which i often get too), and not to mention crying (ya, i'm a cry-baby) my nose runs alot.  when i was still in school my friends nicknamed me "snot girl" after that comic character. i was actually kinda amused by it.

ok, so my nose is running and of course i don't have a tissue. so i just blow some snot rockets (aka farmer's blow - cuz ya, farmers do it when their out in the field), a skill (art) i've honed through years of practice. i'm still not perfect though. sometimes i fail and make a mess. i know some of you are like "eew!" lol. it may be disgusting to some (just like going barefoot). but you know what? just like going barefoot, its fun! its actually more practical, natural and greener. not to mention you save money on tissues. ya, you don't need a tissue when your outside. my mom who's a clean freak would die (if she didn't kill me first lol) if she learned about this crude and unconventional habit of mine.

to me blowing snot rockets and going barefoot go hand in hand; they are ways of expressing my rebelliousness, my wild and untamed spirit, while connecting with the natural world around me; ways of embracing my primal instincts and reveling in the raw beauty of life, leaving a trail of mischief and magic. life is wonderful!

well, time flies when your having fun. i look at my smart watch and its almost 6 pm. the sun will be setting pretty soon so i better get back to civilization. this woodland is rumored to be haunted and i don’t wanna be here after dark. but that's another story for another time (update - i just wrote the story; see link at the bottom*). right now i have to make a decision - i can either buy food from my favorite chinese restaurant or i can buy groceries and make my own dinner. since i'm gonna be off for an entire week i think it'll be cheaper if i cook my own meal and have leftovers that i can eat over a few days. so off to the grocery store!

i just love the cool floors in the store which are soothing to my rather tired feet. the older man working in the produce department recognizes me as i'm a regular. he greets me and smiles as he glances at my bare feet. we make small talk before i continue shopping. the floors in there are quite dirty so my bare soles are kind of black as i walk out.

once i get home i take everything off again and go into the kitchen to start cooking. many people say that cooking is one of the things you shouldn't do in the nude because the hot splashes can be painful. but i'm not deep frying anything so i think i'll be ok ;). 

so what's on the menu at sharleen's kitchen tonight? broccoli beef and vegetable fried rice. they're easy to make, quite tasty and very healthy. really can't beat that right? wish i could invite you all to come over.

after the delicious dinner i watch a little tv to relax. i'm actually a bit exhausted from a day full of barefoot adventure and fun, but i can't wait to do it all again tomorrow. now i'm ready to go to bed. i leave the dirty plates and utensils in the kitchen sink to be washed tomorrow. i don't need to shower just yet so my feet will stay dirty overnight.

ya, i'm a rebellious and free-spirited barefoot snot girl but i'm also happy and free. i don't let anyone tell me how to live my life and i don't give a fuck about society's expectations and norms. for me going barefoot and doing other unconventional things is more than just a lifestyle - its a statement.

i think i'm too tired tonight to do any "playing" ;) so good night peeps, i'll write again soon telling you about the rest of my barefoot staycation.

from paradise hawaii, this is sharleen the barefoot girl reminding you that life is magical. yes, especially when you spend an entire day barefoot. so until next time...

aloha and have a magical day!

barefoot staycation day 2

*barefoot in the haunted woods at night

 

Comments