Featured Post
Hi everyone, this is Sharleen. How's it going? Are you still barefoot or is it too cold already where you live? I'm lucky to live in Hawaii where I can go barefoot all year. Well, spooky season is upon us once again. Over the years I've written a few barefoot Halloween stories (yeah, barefooting and Halloween are a couple of things I really love), and I thought I would compile them on this page so it would be easier for you to find them. Most of them are posted in my other blog (the scary stories blog ). So I'll just briefly describe and link them here. Barefoot witch Click here to see more witch costumes The first one is about when I went trick-or-treating barefoot when I was 12 years old. I was dressed as Little Red Riding Hood who is often depicted barefoot. I did quite a bit of walking that night, so by the time I got home my feet were filthy. But I also saw something that kinda spooked me at one of the houses in the neighborhood. This story is kid friendl...
Translate This Blog
I Have A Dream (The Barefoot Edition)
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
If you have gone barefoot in stores or other establishments on a regular basis (especially in the United States which is known as the land of the free), most likely you have experienced some form of discrimination ranging from the mildest (like getting dirty looks) to the harshest (like being yelled at, kicked out, or in very rare cases, even arrested).
Ideally, barefooters should never be discriminated against as we don't break any law or hurt anyone by going barefoot. It's totally a personal choice, and we should be allowed the freedom to live the lifestyle that we love.
This wish is wonderfully expressed in the following short article.
by Steve Barefoot
-I have a dream that one day, all across this nation, people will be able to go barefoot in public places without fear of ridicule and judgment.
-I have a dream that one day, people who wear shoes will not look at people who don't wear shoes as disgusting or mentally challenged.
-I have a dream that one day, businesses like restaurants and stores will no longer see barefooters as potential liabilities, but ordinary, normal customers.
-I have a dream that one day, misguided employees and managers will no longer say, "Excuse me, sir/ma'am....you need shoes to be in here..." but instead say, "May I help you?" and "Have a nice day!"
-I have a dream that one day, we barefooters will no longer have to come up with creative ways to deflect the "shoe-police", but we can walk in any place, in any social setting in the feet that God gave to us.
-I have a dream that one day, people from the least to the greatest will realize that setting their feet free from shoes is an asset to their emotional health.
-I have a dream that as the barefoot revolution marches on, people will be more careful about how they treat their surroundings and no longer abuse the earthly home that they live in.
-I have a dream that as more people go barefoot, they will, with real humility, realize that we are all the same, that there are no big 'I's and little 'you's and no person is intrinsically better than the other.
-I have a dream that going barefoot is no longer just acceptable in New Zealand, but everywhere, all around the world (including the United States).
And when going barefoot becomes socially acceptable, from sea to shining sea, our feet, finally liberated, will sing "Free at last! Free last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty! We are free at last!"
Ideally, barefooters should never be discriminated against as we don't break any law or hurt anyone by going barefoot. It's totally a personal choice, and we should be allowed the freedom to live the lifestyle that we love.
This wish is wonderfully expressed in the following short article.
I Have A Dream (The Barefoot Edition)
by Steve Barefoot
-I have a dream that one day, all across this nation, people will be able to go barefoot in public places without fear of ridicule and judgment.
-I have a dream that one day, people who wear shoes will not look at people who don't wear shoes as disgusting or mentally challenged.
-I have a dream that one day, businesses like restaurants and stores will no longer see barefooters as potential liabilities, but ordinary, normal customers.
-I have a dream that one day, misguided employees and managers will no longer say, "Excuse me, sir/ma'am....you need shoes to be in here..." but instead say, "May I help you?" and "Have a nice day!"
-I have a dream that one day, we barefooters will no longer have to come up with creative ways to deflect the "shoe-police", but we can walk in any place, in any social setting in the feet that God gave to us.
-I have a dream that one day, people from the least to the greatest will realize that setting their feet free from shoes is an asset to their emotional health.
-I have a dream that as the barefoot revolution marches on, people will be more careful about how they treat their surroundings and no longer abuse the earthly home that they live in.
-I have a dream that as more people go barefoot, they will, with real humility, realize that we are all the same, that there are no big 'I's and little 'you's and no person is intrinsically better than the other.
-I have a dream that going barefoot is no longer just acceptable in New Zealand, but everywhere, all around the world (including the United States).
And when going barefoot becomes socially acceptable, from sea to shining sea, our feet, finally liberated, will sing "Free at last! Free last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty! We are free at last!"
![]() |
| Barefoot and free. Let's celebrate! |
~~***~~
The above piece was originally posted in the Society for Barefoot Living Facebook Group (a group for people who enjoy living the barefoot lifestyle). Steve is one of the millions of people on this planet who enjoy going barefoot. You can follow him on Twitter where he tweets about living barefoot.
Everything starts with a dream, and if everyone who loves going barefoot would do something to spread the awareness (what you do is up to you, it can be as simple as sharing a pro-barefoot article or site), this dream would be a reality soon!
Happy barefooting!
Posted by Jonathan
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
New comments are not allowed.
This week's most popular posts
Barefoot Halloween Stories
Hi everyone, this is Sharleen. How's it going? Are you still barefoot or is it too cold already where you live? I'm lucky to live in Hawaii where I can go barefoot all year. Well, spooky season is upon us once again. Over the years I've written a few barefoot Halloween stories (yeah, barefooting and Halloween are a couple of things I really love), and I thought I would compile them on this page so it would be easier for you to find them. Most of them are posted in my other blog (the scary stories blog ). So I'll just briefly describe and link them here. Barefoot witch Click here to see more witch costumes The first one is about when I went trick-or-treating barefoot when I was 12 years old. I was dressed as Little Red Riding Hood who is often depicted barefoot. I did quite a bit of walking that night, so by the time I got home my feet were filthy. But I also saw something that kinda spooked me at one of the houses in the neighborhood. This story is kid friendl...
Barefoot in Asian culture
by sharleen wl so there have been like a number of discussions in the reddit barefoot sub about going barefoot and the asian culture. some of the popular questions have been like 'why don't you see very many asians go barefoot in public?' and 'what is it like to go barefoot in asia (or name a specific country)?' or 'i'm planning to go to (a specific asian country) and wanna know if i should go barefoot in public there.' as an asian girl i find this topic interesting. so lets talk about it a little. barefoot asian girl with filthy feet across many asian cultures, going barefoot is far more than a matter of comfort; it's a gesture rich with cultural meaning, spiritual symbolism, and centuries-old tradition. going barefoot as a sign of respect in countries like japan, korea, india, thailand, and much of southeast asia, removing one’s shoes before entering a home is a deeply ingrained custom. bare feet, or feet in socks or house slippers, are seen as...
Do you like feet?
WARNING: this post is intended for mature readers. if you're under 18 please find another post to read . by sharleen wl clean feet or dirty feet? what about stinky feet? <giggles> i feel kinda naughty asking these questions. i've met plenty of guys online and in real life who are into feet, and they particularly like girl's dirty feet. ya, this is mostly a guy thing although there are a few girls who also like feet. i'm not one of them although i admit feet can be attractive just like any other part of your body like your eyes, nose, lips, and even hands. but to me attractive feet are clean ones. i used to prefer having clean feet, especially during my early barefooting days when i was still living with my parents. part of it was due to the influence of my mom who is a clean freak and told me to wash my feet every time prior to entering the house, but also like i said earlier clean feet are more attractive (to me at least). today i no longer care as much. i le...
A Day in the Life of a Barefoot College Student
A barefoot girl story by Sharleen WL I just started college a few months ago and so far I'm loving it. There is so much more freedom than in high school and not the least is the ability to go to school barefoot. This article is an account of a typical Monday. Unlike many people, I love Mondays coz to me its the start of a brand new week full of opportunities, a new chapter in my book of life ready to be filled with exciting experiences and adventures. Its 7am and I wake up feeling refreshed after a good night's sleep. Actually I'm having a bad cold, so my nose is pretty stuffy but I feel rested nontheless and excited about the day ahead. After washing up and everything, I walk over to the game room to join the family for our morning meditation. Its dad's idea to meditate together every morning and everyone loves it. The only religious person in our family in mom who is Catholic. Dad is kinda new-agey, and all my siblings and I are atheists. But we all feel the ...
Barefoot in Seattle
by sharleen wl I had previously heard that Seattle was a barefoot friendly city, so I was excited when I had the chance to prove it for myself early last summer. My girlfriend Sandra and I were going on a cruise to Alaska leaving from Seattle. As you know from one of my previous posts ( barefoot thanksgiving break ) I'm bi, and Sandra who was my childhood best friend, is lesbian. Anyway, we were planning to stay in Seattle for a day before the cruise, and we already booked a hotel. It was a quaint little waterfront hotel, and we were lucky to get an ocean view so that we could watch ships pass by. Sandra has relatives in Seattle whom she wanted to spend some time with, so she flew in a day earlier. After being denied boarding barefoot on my trip to Houston the year before ( barefoot thanksgiving break ), I didn't bother trying it this time. I just put on flip flops to board, and took them off again once I was on the plane. I deplaned in Seattle and walked around the airport...
Going Barefoot at School
Girl barefoot at school story Going barefoot to/at school is quite common in some countries like Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and India (see the picture at the bottom of the post). It was also quite prevalent in the US in the old days. A few elementary schools in Hawaii still allow their students to attend school in bare feet. Unfortunately however, most kids today are denied this wonderful experience. So can you blame them for cherishing every chance they've got to go barefoot at school even if only for a brief moment? My little sister Sharleen (nicknamed Lynn) and I went to a private elementary school with a rather strict dress code. We had to wear uniform everyday that included a tie and white closed shoes. White socks had to be worn at all times in the beginning. Being an avid barefooter, I always wanted to be barefoot as much as possible. So I would usually take off my tie along with my shoes and socks on the (city) bus, and walk barefoot home from the bus stop...
Disclosure
As an Amazon Associate, the owner of this blog earns from qualifying purchases with no additional cost to you.
Blog followers
Labels
Labels
- barefoot christmas
- barefoot college student
- barefoot costumes
- barefoot dream
- barefoot fairy
- barefoot friendly
- barefoot girl
- barefoot girl story
- barefoot girls
- barefoot grocery shopping
- barefoot halloween
- barefoot halloween costume
- barefoot horror story
- barefoot in airport
- barefoot in asia
- barefoot in asian culture
- barefoot in class
- barefoot in college
- barefoot in hawaii
- barefoot in hospital
- barefoot in kauai
- barefoot in library
- barefoot in malls
- barefoot in mud
- barefoot in public
- barefoot in public restroom
- barefoot in queesnsland
- barefoot in restaurants
- barefoot in school
- barefoot in seattle
- barefoot in shopping mall
- barefoot in supermarket
- barefoot in the rain
- barefoot in the woods
- barefoot in uniform
- barefoot job
- barefoot kids
- barefoot lifestyle
- barefoot on campus
- barefoot on the plane
- barefoot sisters
- barefoot sports
- barefoot staycation
- barefoot story
- barefoot student
- barefoot summerween
- barefoot teacher
- barefoot to school
- barefoot to work
- barefoot vacation
- barefoot weekend
- barefoot witch
- barefoot wonderland
- barefoot-friendly sign
- barefooter
- barefooting
- clean feet
- clean soles
- dirty bare feet
- dirty feet
- dirty mouth
- dirty soles
- enjoy going barefoot
- everywhere barefoot
- female teacher barefoot
- flying barefoot
- germany barefoot
- girl barefoot at school
- going barefoot
- going barefoot is gross
- going barefoot is healthy
- going barefoot is legal
- gymnastics
- health benefits of walking barefoot
- karate
- kicked out of store barefoot
- martial arts
- muddy feet
- national go barefoot day
- never wear shoes
- no bare feet
- no shoes no shirt no problem
- no socks
- swimming
- traveling barefoot
- walking barefoot
- working barefoot
- yoga

Everything starts with a dream. Freedom from oppression, success in career, wonderful innovations (like airplanes, cars, computers), you name it! If you don't do anything about it of course, it will remain just a dream. But if you work on it, it can become a reality! :)
ReplyDeleteI understand, my friend. That's why I'm hoping we can educate more people through the internet which I believe is quite effective. Have a wonderful barefoot day!
ReplyDeleteIt's ok Dinu, everyone makes mistakes :)
ReplyDeleteBare feet should be respected.
ReplyDeleteSecurity should worry about shoplifters and any other threat in the store or the shops. Not worrying about barefooters like myself cutting their feet. Another thing with security is in case of a terror threat and they want to search you at least they have one less place to search you. Many people could have dangerous objects likely to cause harm concealed in their shoes.
Oh I read one of your blogs and your from North Queensland ?
I'll just refer to you as Jonathan Thurston. The best player in the NRL.
I have seen signs posted at the entrance of stores that said "No shirt, no shoes, no service". I wish people would be open minded about those who go barefoot.
ReplyDelete