Featured Post
Hi everyone, this is Sharleen. How's it going? Are you still barefoot or is it too cold already where you live? I'm lucky to live in Hawaii where I can go barefoot all year. Well, spooky season is upon us once again. Over the years I've written a few barefoot Halloween stories (yeah, barefooting and Halloween are a couple of things I really love), and I thought I would compile them on this page so it would be easier for you to find them. Most of them are posted in my other blog (the scary stories blog ). So I'll just briefly describe and link them here. Barefoot witch Click here to see more witch costumes The first one is about when I went trick-or-treating barefoot when I was 12 years old. I was dressed as Little Red Riding Hood who is often depicted barefoot. I did quite a bit of walking that night, so by the time I got home my feet were filthy. But I also saw something that kinda spooked me at one of the houses in the neighborhood. This story is kid friendl...
barefoot in belgium
the following comment is from someone in belgium...
"in belgium we can not go barefoot very well because the weather is not so good but when it is warm i sometimes walk barefoot. but here its rare to see other people barefoot. also the roads are very hard for walking barefoot. i walk more often in sandals. i don't think there is a group of barefooters in belgium."
hmmm... interesting. probably it's pretty cold in belgium that it's not comfortable to walk barefoot outside? i know, i myself don't like the cold, barefoot or not. that's why i live where it's pretty much warm all year so that i can go barefoot most of the time.
you should know your limits if you venture outside in the cold barefoot. if you're not careful you could get a frost bite and that's no fun! i've heard and seen pictures of people barefoot in the snow but i have not tried it myself. would love too some time just for the experience.
have any of you gone barefoot in the snow? would love to hear your stories. just post a comment.
i'm not sure why the roads in belgium are hard to walk barefoot on. if there is anyone from belgium perhaps you could tell us more about it. if you're a barefooter maybe you can start a barefoot group in belgium. that would be cool! :)
This week's most popular posts
Hi everyone, this is Sharleen. How's it going? Are you still barefoot or is it too cold already where you live? I'm lucky to live in Hawaii where I can go barefoot all year. Well, spooky season is upon us once again. Over the years I've written a few barefoot Halloween stories (yeah, barefooting and Halloween are a couple of things I really love), and I thought I would compile them on this page so it would be easier for you to find them. Most of them are posted in my other blog (the scary stories blog ). So I'll just briefly describe and link them here. Barefoot witch Click here to see more witch costumes The first one is about when I went trick-or-treating barefoot when I was 12 years old. I was dressed as Little Red Riding Hood who is often depicted barefoot. I did quite a bit of walking that night, so by the time I got home my feet were filthy. But I also saw something that kinda spooked me at one of the houses in the neighborhood. This story is kid friendl...
A barefoot girl story by Sharleen WL I just started college a few months ago and so far I'm loving it. There is so much more freedom than in high school and not the least is the ability to go to school barefoot. This article is an account of a typical Monday. Unlike many people, I love Mondays coz to me its the start of a brand new week full of opportunities, a new chapter in my book of life ready to be filled with exciting experiences and adventures. Its 7am and I wake up feeling refreshed after a good night's sleep. Actually I'm having a bad cold, so my nose is pretty stuffy but I feel rested nontheless and excited about the day ahead. After washing up and everything, I walk over to the game room to join the family for our morning meditation. Its dad's idea to meditate together every morning and everyone loves it. The only religious person in our family in mom who is Catholic. Dad is kinda new-agey, and all my siblings and I are atheists. But we all feel the ...
Girl barefoot at school story Going barefoot to/at school is quite common in some countries like Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and India (see the picture at the bottom of the post). It was also quite prevalent in the US in the old days. A few elementary schools in Hawaii still allow their students to attend school in bare feet. Unfortunately however, most kids today are denied this wonderful experience. So can you blame them for cherishing every chance they've got to go barefoot at school even if only for a brief moment? My little sister Sharleen (nicknamed Lynn) and I went to a private elementary school with a rather strict dress code. We had to wear uniform everyday that included a tie and white closed shoes. White socks had to be worn at all times in the beginning. Being an avid barefooter, I always wanted to be barefoot as much as possible. So I would usually take off my tie along with my shoes and socks on the (city) bus, and walk barefoot home from the bus stop...
by sharleen wl so there have been like a number of discussions in the reddit barefoot sub about going barefoot and the asian culture. some of the popular questions have been like 'why don't you see very many asians go barefoot in public?' and 'what is it like to go barefoot in asia (or name a specific country)?' or 'i'm planning to go to (a specific asian country) and wanna know if i should go barefoot in public there.' as an asian girl i find this topic interesting. so lets talk about it a little. barefoot asian girl with filthy feet across many asian cultures, going barefoot is far more than a matter of comfort; it's a gesture rich with cultural meaning, spiritual symbolism, and centuries-old tradition. going barefoot as a sign of respect in countries like japan, korea, india, thailand, and much of southeast asia, removing one’s shoes before entering a home is a deeply ingrained custom. bare feet, or feet in socks or house slippers, are seen as...
by Jonathan and Sharleen (updated in June 2026 - right in time for Summerween! ) Barefoot cave woman Get this costume now! Have you ever worn a barefoot Halloween costume? By that I mean a costume that can or should be worn barefooted. For instance, if you dress as Tarzan or a Hobbit you would not wear anything on your feet. Shoes that look like bare feet don't count. Well, I have gone barefoot on Halloween as a pirate, Tarzan/jungle man, and Tom Sawyer, and I had a blast. So the question is, where can you go barefoot on Halloween night? How about trick-or-treating? Yeah, if you're still at the right age for it or you have kids of your own, you certainly want to give it a serious thought as it's really fun to go out barefoot on Halloween. You can also attend a party wearing a barefoot costume at someone's home or a public place. Some establishments may make an exception to their "no bare feet" policy for Halloween, especially if it's a private pa...
WARNING: this post is intended for mature readers. if you're under 18 please find another post to read . by sharleen wl clean feet or dirty feet? what about stinky feet? <giggles> i feel kinda naughty asking these questions. i've met plenty of guys online and in real life who are into feet, and they particularly like girl's dirty feet. ya, this is mostly a guy thing although there are a few girls who also like feet. i'm not one of them although i admit feet can be attractive just like any other part of your body like your eyes, nose, lips, and even hands. but to me attractive feet are clean ones. i used to prefer having clean feet, especially during my early barefooting days when i was still living with my parents. part of it was due to the influence of my mom who is a clean freak and told me to wash my feet every time prior to entering the house, but also like i said earlier clean feet are more attractive (to me at least). today i no longer care as much. i le...
Disclosure
As an Amazon Associate, the owner of this blog earns from qualifying purchases with no additional cost to you.
Check out our other blogs
I do walk in the snow barefooted for the short periods of time. It is fun and healthy. It helps the blood circulation in your legs, never will one have cold feet again, and it boosts your natural immunity. The only thing is to take it slowly and to be reasonable. First walk I recommend to be not longer than 5 minutes. Get your feet wormed up straight after.
ReplyDelete