Featured Post
Hi everyone, this is Sharleen. How's it going? Are you still barefoot or is it too cold already where you live? I'm lucky to live in Hawaii where I can go barefoot all year. Well, spooky season is upon us once again. Over the years I've written a few barefoot Halloween stories (yeah, barefooting and Halloween are a couple of things I really love), and I thought I would compile them on this page so it would be easier for you to find them. Most of them are posted in my other blog (the scary stories blog ). So I'll just briefly describe and link them here. Barefoot witch Click here to see more witch costumes The first one is about when I went trick-or-treating barefoot when I was 12 years old. I was dressed as Little Red Riding Hood who is often depicted barefoot. I did quite a bit of walking that night, so by the time I got home my feet were filthy. But I also saw something that kinda spooked me at one of the houses in the neighborhood. This story is kid friendl...
barefoot on the big island
the big island of hawaii is a fun place to go barefoot. i've seen more barefooters there than on any of the other islands. on the windward side, hilo is the main city and it's very barefoot friendly especially in the local areas. many people go into stores and other establishments in bare feet.
on the leeward side, kailua-kona is the main town and it's kinda touristy, so you may not see as many barefooters there but i have seen a few.
and there's a town called waimea up on the hills more inland which is also very barefoot friendly. it's a small town with many quaint little stores and restaurants, a nice place to stroll in bare feet. while i was there i saw many barefoot kids in the stores as well as s few adults. in one of the chinese restaurants there was a guy dining in his bare feet. cool! :)
This week's most popular posts
A barefoot girl story by Sharleen WL I just started college a few months ago and so far I'm loving it. There is so much more freedom than in high school and not the least is the ability to go to school barefoot. This article is an account of a typical Monday. Unlike many people, I love Mondays coz to me its the start of a brand new week full of opportunities, a new chapter in my book of life ready to be filled with exciting experiences and adventures. Its 7am and I wake up feeling refreshed after a good night's sleep. Actually I'm having a bad cold, so my nose is pretty stuffy but I feel rested nontheless and excited about the day ahead. After washing up and everything, I walk over to the game room to join the family for our morning meditation. Its dad's idea to meditate together every morning and everyone loves it. The only religious person in our family in mom who is Catholic. Dad is kinda new-agey, and all my siblings and I are atheists. But we all feel the ...
Hi everyone, this is Sharleen. How's it going? Are you still barefoot or is it too cold already where you live? I'm lucky to live in Hawaii where I can go barefoot all year. Well, spooky season is upon us once again. Over the years I've written a few barefoot Halloween stories (yeah, barefooting and Halloween are a couple of things I really love), and I thought I would compile them on this page so it would be easier for you to find them. Most of them are posted in my other blog (the scary stories blog ). So I'll just briefly describe and link them here. Barefoot witch Click here to see more witch costumes The first one is about when I went trick-or-treating barefoot when I was 12 years old. I was dressed as Little Red Riding Hood who is often depicted barefoot. I did quite a bit of walking that night, so by the time I got home my feet were filthy. But I also saw something that kinda spooked me at one of the houses in the neighborhood. This story is kid friendl...
Girl barefoot at school story Going barefoot to/at school is quite common in some countries like Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and India (see the picture at the bottom of the post). It was also quite prevalent in the US in the old days. A few elementary schools in Hawaii still allow their students to attend school in bare feet. Unfortunately however, most kids today are denied this wonderful experience. So can you blame them for cherishing every chance they've got to go barefoot at school even if only for a brief moment? My little sister Sharleen (nicknamed Lynn) and I went to a private elementary school with a rather strict dress code. We had to wear uniform everyday that included a tie and white closed shoes. White socks had to be worn at all times in the beginning. Being an avid barefooter, I always wanted to be barefoot as much as possible. So I would usually take off my tie along with my shoes and socks on the (city) bus, and walk barefoot home from the bus stop...
by Jonathan and Sharleen (updated in June 2026 - right in time for Summerween! ) Barefoot cave woman Get this costume now! Have you ever worn a barefoot Halloween costume? By that I mean a costume that can or should be worn barefooted. For instance, if you dress as Tarzan or a Hobbit you would not wear anything on your feet. Shoes that look like bare feet don't count. Well, I have gone barefoot on Halloween as a pirate, Tarzan/jungle man, and Tom Sawyer, and I had a blast. So the question is, where can you go barefoot on Halloween night? How about trick-or-treating? Yeah, if you're still at the right age for it or you have kids of your own, you certainly want to give it a serious thought as it's really fun to go out barefoot on Halloween. You can also attend a party wearing a barefoot costume at someone's home or a public place. Some establishments may make an exception to their "no bare feet" policy for Halloween, especially if it's a private pa...
WARNING: this post is intended for mature readers. if you're under 18 please find another post to read . by sharleen wl clean feet or dirty feet? what about stinky feet? <giggles> i feel kinda naughty asking these questions. i've met plenty of guys online and in real life who are into feet, and they particularly like girl's dirty feet. ya, this is mostly a guy thing although there are a few girls who also like feet. i'm not one of them although i admit feet can be attractive just like any other part of your body like your eyes, nose, lips, and even hands. but to me attractive feet are clean ones. i used to prefer having clean feet, especially during my early barefooting days when i was still living with my parents. part of it was due to the influence of my mom who is a clean freak and told me to wash my feet every time prior to entering the house, but also like i said earlier clean feet are more attractive (to me at least). today i no longer care as much. i le...
by sharleen wl I had previously heard that Seattle was a barefoot friendly city, so I was excited when I had the chance to prove it for myself early last summer. My girlfriend Sandra and I were going on a cruise to Alaska leaving from Seattle. As you know from one of my previous posts ( barefoot thanksgiving break ) I'm bi, and Sandra who was my childhood best friend, is lesbian. Anyway, we were planning to stay in Seattle for a day before the cruise, and we already booked a hotel. It was a quaint little waterfront hotel, and we were lucky to get an ocean view so that we could watch ships pass by. Sandra has relatives in Seattle whom she wanted to spend some time with, so she flew in a day earlier. After being denied boarding barefoot on my trip to Houston the year before ( barefoot thanksgiving break ), I didn't bother trying it this time. I just put on flip flops to board, and took them off again once I was on the plane. I deplaned in Seattle and walked around the airport...
Disclosure
As an Amazon Associate, the owner of this blog earns from qualifying purchases with no additional cost to you.
Check out our other blogs
Comments
Post a Comment