Featured Post
Hi everyone, this is Sharleen. How's it going? Are you still barefoot or is it too cold already where you live? I'm lucky to live in Hawaii where I can go barefoot all year. Well, spooky season is upon us once again. Over the years I've written a few barefoot Halloween stories (yeah, barefooting and Halloween are a couple of things I really love), and I thought I would compile them on this page so it would be easier for you to find them. Most of them are posted in my other blog (the scary stories blog ). So I'll just briefly describe and link them here. Barefoot witch Click here to see more witch costumes The first one is about when I went trick-or-treating barefoot when I was 12 years old. I was dressed as Little Red Riding Hood who is often depicted barefoot. I did quite a bit of walking that night, so by the time I got home my feet were filthy. But I also saw something that kinda spooked me at one of the houses in the neighborhood. This story is kid friendl...
how i became a barefooter - part 4
after that first barefoot experience in the grocery store it became somewhat easier to go barefoot again in an establishment, but not a whole lot easier, though. i still got very nervous when getting out of the car walking into the store. often times i would actually wait in the car till i saw at least another barefoot person entering the store, then i would quickly come down and go in. it somehow gave me moral support if there was another person barefoot besides myself although i didn't know the person.
this went on for a while before i actually felt absolutely comfortable walking into any place on my own in bare feet. but once it happened, i felt complete freedom. actually it's a very liberating feeling to be able to go just about anywhere without wearing anything on my feet.
so, where have i gone barefoot? well, grocery stores are my favorite 'cos i can spend as much time in there as i want and get my feet really dirty :) the shopping mall is also a great place. i can practically hang out there the whole day and visit many different stores in bare feet. the only thing is my feet don't usually get that dirty since they keep their floors relatively clean.
i have also gone barefoot to the post office, the bank, and fast food restaurants with many interesting experiences which i will share with yu on a regular basis.
This week's most popular posts
Hi everyone, this is Sharleen. How's it going? Are you still barefoot or is it too cold already where you live? I'm lucky to live in Hawaii where I can go barefoot all year. Well, spooky season is upon us once again. Over the years I've written a few barefoot Halloween stories (yeah, barefooting and Halloween are a couple of things I really love), and I thought I would compile them on this page so it would be easier for you to find them. Most of them are posted in my other blog (the scary stories blog ). So I'll just briefly describe and link them here. Barefoot witch Click here to see more witch costumes The first one is about when I went trick-or-treating barefoot when I was 12 years old. I was dressed as Little Red Riding Hood who is often depicted barefoot. I did quite a bit of walking that night, so by the time I got home my feet were filthy. But I also saw something that kinda spooked me at one of the houses in the neighborhood. This story is kid friendl...
by sharleen wl so there have been like a number of discussions in the reddit barefoot sub about going barefoot and the asian culture. some of the popular questions have been like 'why don't you see very many asians go barefoot in public?' and 'what is it like to go barefoot in asia (or name a specific country)?' or 'i'm planning to go to (a specific asian country) and wanna know if i should go barefoot in public there.' as an asian girl i find this topic interesting. so lets talk about it a little. barefoot asian girl with filthy feet across many asian cultures, going barefoot is far more than a matter of comfort; it's a gesture rich with cultural meaning, spiritual symbolism, and centuries-old tradition. going barefoot as a sign of respect in countries like japan, korea, india, thailand, and much of southeast asia, removing one’s shoes before entering a home is a deeply ingrained custom. bare feet, or feet in socks or house slippers, are seen as...
WARNING: this post is intended for mature readers. if you're under 18 please find another post to read . by sharleen wl clean feet or dirty feet? what about stinky feet? <giggles> i feel kinda naughty asking these questions. i've met plenty of guys online and in real life who are into feet, and they particularly like girl's dirty feet. ya, this is mostly a guy thing although there are a few girls who also like feet. i'm not one of them although i admit feet can be attractive just like any other part of your body like your eyes, nose, lips, and even hands. but to me attractive feet are clean ones. i used to prefer having clean feet, especially during my early barefooting days when i was still living with my parents. part of it was due to the influence of my mom who is a clean freak and told me to wash my feet every time prior to entering the house, but also like i said earlier clean feet are more attractive (to me at least). today i no longer care as much. i le...
Girl barefoot at school story Going barefoot to/at school is quite common in some countries like Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and India (see the picture at the bottom of the post). It was also quite prevalent in the US in the old days. A few elementary schools in Hawaii still allow their students to attend school in bare feet. Unfortunately however, most kids today are denied this wonderful experience. So can you blame them for cherishing every chance they've got to go barefoot at school even if only for a brief moment? My little sister Sharleen (nicknamed Lynn) and I went to a private elementary school with a rather strict dress code. We had to wear uniform everyday that included a tie and white closed shoes. White socks had to be worn at all times in the beginning. Being an avid barefooter, I always wanted to be barefoot as much as possible. So I would usually take off my tie along with my shoes and socks on the (city) bus, and walk barefoot home from the bus stop...
A barefoot girl story by Sharleen WL I just started college a few months ago and so far I'm loving it. There is so much more freedom than in high school and not the least is the ability to go to school barefoot. This article is an account of a typical Monday. Unlike many people, I love Mondays coz to me its the start of a brand new week full of opportunities, a new chapter in my book of life ready to be filled with exciting experiences and adventures. Its 7am and I wake up feeling refreshed after a good night's sleep. Actually I'm having a bad cold, so my nose is pretty stuffy but I feel rested nontheless and excited about the day ahead. After washing up and everything, I walk over to the game room to join the family for our morning meditation. Its dad's idea to meditate together every morning and everyone loves it. The only religious person in our family in mom who is Catholic. Dad is kinda new-agey, and all my siblings and I are atheists. But we all feel the ...
by sharleen wl I had previously heard that Seattle was a barefoot friendly city, so I was excited when I had the chance to prove it for myself early last summer. My girlfriend Sandra and I were going on a cruise to Alaska leaving from Seattle. As you know from one of my previous posts ( barefoot thanksgiving break ) I'm bi, and Sandra who was my childhood best friend, is lesbian. Anyway, we were planning to stay in Seattle for a day before the cruise, and we already booked a hotel. It was a quaint little waterfront hotel, and we were lucky to get an ocean view so that we could watch ships pass by. Sandra has relatives in Seattle whom she wanted to spend some time with, so she flew in a day earlier. After being denied boarding barefoot on my trip to Houston the year before ( barefoot thanksgiving break ), I didn't bother trying it this time. I just put on flip flops to board, and took them off again once I was on the plane. I deplaned in Seattle and walked around the airport...
Disclosure
As an Amazon Associate, the owner of this blog earns from qualifying purchases with no additional cost to you.
Check out our other blogs
Comments
Post a Comment