Featured Post
Hi everyone, this is Sharleen. How's it going? Are you still barefoot or is it too cold already where you live? I'm lucky to live in Hawaii where I can go barefoot all year. Well, spooky season is upon us once again. Over the years I've written a few barefoot Halloween stories (yeah, barefooting and Halloween are a couple of things I really love), and I thought I would compile them on this page so it would be easier for you to find them. Most of them are posted in my other blog (the scary stories blog ). So I'll just briefly describe and link them here. Barefoot witch Click here to see more witch costumes The first one is about when I went trick-or-treating barefoot when I was 12 years old. I was dressed as Little Red Riding Hood who is often depicted barefoot. I did quite a bit of walking that night, so by the time I got home my feet were filthy. But I also saw something that kinda spooked me at one of the houses in the neighborhood. This story is kid friendl...
Translate This Blog
Socks vs barefoot
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
by sharleen wl
does wearing just socks count as barefoot? i think most would agree the answer to that question is obvious. barefoot means just that - your feet are bare, i.e. they're not covered in any way. yet its quite surprising this question has come up more than once in the reddit barefoot sub (posted by different people). like wtf? so i replied with a similar question - does wearing just underwear count as naked? i mean your one step closer but not quite there yet. lol
i had a friend in college who would like wear socks everywhere in the dorm like when visiting other friends, doing laundry etc. so one day i asked him why he did that. he told me he didn't like wearing shoes but didn't want to walk around barefoot either. well to each their own.
socks - yay or nay?
i personally hate wearing socks. some people say they actually hate it more than wearing shoes and i tend to agree as socks feel pretty restrictive although when walking in just socks you can still kinda feel the ground beneath your feet. the last time i wore socks was in elementary school which was required at the time. they later made it optional so i ditched my socks and never looked back. today i don't even own any.
i'm lucky to live in hawaii where its warm year round. but in places with very cold winter i can see how socks would be helpful. another use for socks is they absorb the sweat from your feet so they become less stinky. in elementary school my mom bought me 3 pairs of shoes after i started going sockless so that i could rotate them and reduce the stink :) socks also protect your feet from being hurt by your shoes especially when they're new or made of hard/rough material.
today i work as a cashier in a restaurant where i can wear flip flops which is another advantage of living in paradise :) so i definitely don't need socks. when i do have to wear shoes (which is very rare and is another topic - maybe for the next post) i wear 'em sans socks. a good thing about it is when you take off your shoes your immediately barefoot. yay! or as some people put it, your actually barefoot in your shoes :)
ok guys, that's all for now. from paradise hawaii this is sharleen the barefoot girl reminding you that life is magical. yes especially when you don't have to wear socks. so let's make it a magical day and remember bare feet rule. fuck yeah!
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
This week's most popular posts
Barefoot girl in the storm part 2
it has been quite stormy in hawaii lately, but did it slow down this free-spirited barefoot girl? not at all. quite the contrary, she found it exciting to walk around sans footwear in the rain and flooded streets. by sharleen wl it was a dark and stormy night. i just love that phrase which is usually the opening line of a spooky story. this isn't a scary post, but the line still fits because if you've been following the news you probably know that hawaii has been hit by major storms recently which brought heavy rain, flooding, power outages, and disrupted the tourism industry. even my apartment complex got flooded, but luckily i live on the second floor, so i'm good. the restaurant where i work was closed for a few days due to flooding and power outages. i always like to look on the bright side for it makes me happier. in this case it was that i got a few extra days off from work. but above all, it was a great time to go barefoot! yeah, walking barefoot in the flooded s...
Barefoot Halloween Stories
Hi everyone, this is Sharleen. How's it going? Are you still barefoot or is it too cold already where you live? I'm lucky to live in Hawaii where I can go barefoot all year. Well, spooky season is upon us once again. Over the years I've written a few barefoot Halloween stories (yeah, barefooting and Halloween are a couple of things I really love), and I thought I would compile them on this page so it would be easier for you to find them. Most of them are posted in my other blog (the scary stories blog ). So I'll just briefly describe and link them here. Barefoot witch Click here to see more witch costumes The first one is about when I went trick-or-treating barefoot when I was 12 years old. I was dressed as Little Red Riding Hood who is often depicted barefoot. I did quite a bit of walking that night, so by the time I got home my feet were filthy. But I also saw something that kinda spooked me at one of the houses in the neighborhood. This story is kid friendl...
A Day in the Life of a Barefoot College Student
A barefoot girl story by Sharleen WL I just started college a few months ago and so far I'm loving it. There is so much more freedom than in high school and not the least is the ability to go to school barefoot. This article is an account of a typical Monday. Unlike many people, I love Mondays coz to me its the start of a brand new week full of opportunities, a new chapter in my book of life ready to be filled with exciting experiences and adventures. Its 7am and I wake up feeling refreshed after a good night's sleep. Actually I'm having a bad cold, so my nose is pretty stuffy but I feel rested nontheless and excited about the day ahead. After washing up and everything, I walk over to the game room to join the family for our morning meditation. Its dad's idea to meditate together every morning and everyone loves it. The only religious person in our family in mom who is Catholic. Dad is kinda new-agey, and all my siblings and I are atheists. But we all feel the ...
Barefoot shopping at the mall with mom
a barefoot girl's story going shopping with her strict religious mom by sharleen wl hi everyone, how's it going? this is a rather long post but a pretty fun story. so i want you to get comfortable. get your favorite drink, maybe play some soft music, be barefooted (if you aren't already), take off all your clo... oops, i'm getting carried away. i mean, you don't have to do that. unless your like me of course, lol. anyway, relax and enjoy! my dad is away on a business trip and my mom is home alone. so yesterday she called me and asked if i would wanna go shopping at the mall with her today (saturday). i love shopping so i said sure. she knows that i'm a barefooter and has kinda accepted the fact, so going barefoot to the mall with her shouldn't be an issue. i wake up a little earlier this morning cuz i wanna eat breakfast before going shopping. need the extra energy. the temperature this morning is 61 F which is cold for hawaii. i slept with my windows clos...
Barefoot Halloween Costumes
by Jonathan and Sharleen (updated in June 2026 - right in time for Summerween! ) Barefoot cave woman Get this costume now! Have you ever worn a barefoot Halloween costume? By that I mean a costume that can or should be worn barefooted. For instance, if you dress as Tarzan or a Hobbit you would not wear anything on your feet. Shoes that look like bare feet don't count. Well, I have gone barefoot on Halloween as a pirate, Tarzan/jungle man, and Tom Sawyer, and I had a blast. So the question is, where can you go barefoot on Halloween night? How about trick-or-treating? Yeah, if you're still at the right age for it or you have kids of your own, you certainly want to give it a serious thought as it's really fun to go out barefoot on Halloween. You can also attend a party wearing a barefoot costume at someone's home or a public place. Some establishments may make an exception to their "no bare feet" policy for Halloween, especially if it's a private pa...
Going Barefoot at School
Girl barefoot at school story Going barefoot to/at school is quite common in some countries like Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and India (see the picture at the bottom of the post). It was also quite prevalent in the US in the old days. A few elementary schools in Hawaii still allow their students to attend school in bare feet. Unfortunately however, most kids today are denied this wonderful experience. So can you blame them for cherishing every chance they've got to go barefoot at school even if only for a brief moment? My little sister Sharleen (nicknamed Lynn) and I went to a private elementary school with a rather strict dress code. We had to wear uniform everyday that included a tie and white closed shoes. White socks had to be worn at all times in the beginning. Being an avid barefooter, I always wanted to be barefoot as much as possible. So I would usually take off my tie along with my shoes and socks on the (city) bus, and walk barefoot home from the bus stop...
Disclosure
As an Amazon Associate, the owner of this blog earns from qualifying purchases with no additional cost to you.
Blog followers
Labels
Labels
- barefoot christmas
- barefoot college student
- barefoot costumes
- barefoot dream
- barefoot fairy
- barefoot friendly
- barefoot girl
- barefoot girl story
- barefoot girls
- barefoot grocery shopping
- barefoot halloween
- barefoot halloween costume
- barefoot horror story
- barefoot in airport
- barefoot in asia
- barefoot in asian culture
- barefoot in class
- barefoot in college
- barefoot in hawaii
- barefoot in hospital
- barefoot in kauai
- barefoot in library
- barefoot in malls
- barefoot in mud
- barefoot in public
- barefoot in public restroom
- barefoot in queesnsland
- barefoot in restaurants
- barefoot in school
- barefoot in seattle
- barefoot in shopping mall
- barefoot in supermarket
- barefoot in the rain
- barefoot in the storm
- barefoot in the woods
- barefoot in uniform
- barefoot job
- barefoot kids
- barefoot lifestyle
- barefoot on campus
- barefoot on the plane
- barefoot sisters
- barefoot sports
- barefoot staycation
- barefoot story
- barefoot student
- barefoot summerween
- barefoot teacher
- barefoot to school
- barefoot to work
- barefoot vacation
- barefoot weekend
- barefoot witch
- barefoot wonderland
- barefoot-friendly sign
- barefooter
- barefooting
- clean feet
- clean soles
- dirty bare feet
- dirty feet
- dirty mouth
- dirty soles
- enjoy going barefoot
- everywhere barefoot
- female teacher barefoot
- flying barefoot
- germany barefoot
- girl barefoot at school
- going barefoot
- going barefoot is gross
- going barefoot is healthy
- going barefoot is legal
- gymnastics
- health benefits of walking barefoot
- karate
- kicked out of store barefoot
- martial arts
- muddy feet
- national go barefoot day
- never wear shoes
- no bare feet
- no shoes no shirt no problem
- no socks
- swimming
- traveling barefoot
- walking barefoot
- working barefoot
- yoga

Comments