Featured Post

Barefoot Halloween Stories

Hi everyone, this is Sharleen. How's it going? Are you still barefoot or is it too cold already where you live? I'm lucky to live in Hawaii where I can go barefoot all year. Well, spooky season is upon us once again. Over the years I've written a few barefoot Halloween stories  (yeah, barefooting and Halloween are a couple of things I really love), and I thought I would compile them on this page so it would be easier for you to find them. Most of them are posted in my other blog (the scary stories blog ). So I'll just briefly describe and link them here. Barefoot witch Click here to see more witch costumes The first one is about when I went trick-or-treating barefoot when I was 12 years old. I was dressed as Little Red Riding Hood who is often depicted barefoot. I did quite a bit of walking that night, so by the time I got home my feet were filthy. But I also saw something that kinda spooked me at one of the houses in the neighborhood. This story is kid friendl...

Translate This Blog

what people say about going barefoot

do you often wonder what some people say/think about going barefoot? i don't mean the usual old stuff like 'it's gross', 'it's dangerous', or 'it's against the law' which we know is not true and tired of hearing, but the more positive aspects of it or trying to encourage others to go barefoot as well.

for the next few postings i'm gonna quote other people who have made positive or encouraging remarks about going barefoot. these are the people from different parts of the world whose quotes i read on the internet or have told me personally (mostly in their comments on my guestbook).

today we'll start with this one:

"... Barefoot, we're almost always at peace. We're gentle and tolerant with our fellow man. Stress and anxiety evaporate and grief itself seems bearable as long as our feet are free ..."

by barbara holland in her book "Endangered Pleasures".

i can certainly identify with barbara. i feel the same way. when i'm barefoot i feel more relaxed and cool. in other words, i'm usually in a good and playful mood. i also feel free like a little kid with little inhibition, ready to unjoy life to the fullest.

btw, i like "endangered pleasures." besides going barefoot she talks about many other life's simple pleasures that most people no longer find the value in, or considered taboo like swearing. it's a cool book.

Comments

This week's most popular posts

A Day in the Life of a Barefoot College Student

Barefoot Halloween Stories

Going Barefoot at School

Barefoot Halloween Costumes

Do you like feet?

Barefoot in Seattle

Sponsored

Sponsored
Bohemian Handmade Starfish Barefoot Sandals

Disclosure

As an Amazon Associate, the owner of this blog earns from qualifying purchases with no additional cost to you.

Blog followers

Labels

Show more