Featured Post
Hi everyone, this is Sharleen. How's it going? Are you still barefoot or is it too cold already where you live? I'm lucky to live in Hawaii where I can go barefoot all year. Well, spooky season is upon us once again. Over the years I've written a few barefoot Halloween stories (yeah, barefooting and Halloween are a couple of things I really love), and I thought I would compile them on this page so it would be easier for you to find them. Most of them are posted in my other blog (the scary stories blog ). So I'll just briefly describe and link them here. Barefoot witch Click here to see more witch costumes The first one is about when I went trick-or-treating barefoot when I was 12 years old. I was dressed as Little Red Riding Hood who is often depicted barefoot. I did quite a bit of walking that night, so by the time I got home my feet were filthy. But I also saw something that kinda spooked me at one of the houses in the neighborhood. This story is kid friendl...
barefoot on the bus
one of my favorite things is to ride on the bus barefoot. it was kinda nerve wrecking in the beginning 'cos most of the time i would be the only one barefoot and most other people were well dressed getting home from work. but i had seen a few other barefooters on the bus so i decided to give it a try. after that it became easier every time. i would get a few looks but i would just ignore them and assume that they were all jealous :) like one time it was a rainy day and i rode the bus home from school barefoot; there was an older man sitting behind me wearing tennis shoes, but when he got off he was barefoot and carrying his shoes in his hand. that proved my point, right? :)
This week's most popular posts
it has been quite stormy in hawaii lately, but did it slow down this free-spirited barefoot girl? not at all. quite the contrary, she found it exciting to walk around sans footwear in the rain and flooded streets. by sharleen wl it was a dark and stormy night. i just love that phrase which is usually the opening line of a spooky story. this isn't a scary post, but the line still fits because if you've been following the news you probably know that hawaii has been hit by major storms recently which brought heavy rain, flooding, power outages, and disrupted the tourism industry. even my apartment complex got flooded, but luckily i live on the second floor, so i'm good. the restaurant where i work was closed for a few days due to flooding and power outages. i always like to look on the bright side for it makes me happier. in this case it was that i got a few extra days off from work. but above all, it was a great time to go barefoot! yeah, walking barefoot in the flooded s...
A barefoot girl story by Sharleen WL I just started college a few months ago and so far I'm loving it. There is so much more freedom than in high school and not the least is the ability to go to school barefoot. This article is an account of a typical Monday. Unlike many people, I love Mondays coz to me its the start of a brand new week full of opportunities, a new chapter in my book of life ready to be filled with exciting experiences and adventures. Its 7am and I wake up feeling refreshed after a good night's sleep. Actually I'm having a bad cold, so my nose is pretty stuffy but I feel rested nontheless and excited about the day ahead. After washing up and everything, I walk over to the game room to join the family for our morning meditation. Its dad's idea to meditate together every morning and everyone loves it. The only religious person in our family in mom who is Catholic. Dad is kinda new-agey, and all my siblings and I are atheists. But we all feel the ...
Hi everyone, this is Sharleen. How's it going? Are you still barefoot or is it too cold already where you live? I'm lucky to live in Hawaii where I can go barefoot all year. Well, spooky season is upon us once again. Over the years I've written a few barefoot Halloween stories (yeah, barefooting and Halloween are a couple of things I really love), and I thought I would compile them on this page so it would be easier for you to find them. Most of them are posted in my other blog (the scary stories blog ). So I'll just briefly describe and link them here. Barefoot witch Click here to see more witch costumes The first one is about when I went trick-or-treating barefoot when I was 12 years old. I was dressed as Little Red Riding Hood who is often depicted barefoot. I did quite a bit of walking that night, so by the time I got home my feet were filthy. But I also saw something that kinda spooked me at one of the houses in the neighborhood. This story is kid friendl...
by Jonathan and Sharleen (updated in June 2026 - right in time for Summerween! ) Barefoot cave woman Get this costume now! Have you ever worn a barefoot Halloween costume? By that I mean a costume that can or should be worn barefooted. For instance, if you dress as Tarzan or a Hobbit you would not wear anything on your feet. Shoes that look like bare feet don't count. Well, I have gone barefoot on Halloween as a pirate, Tarzan/jungle man, and Tom Sawyer, and I had a blast. So the question is, where can you go barefoot on Halloween night? How about trick-or-treating? Yeah, if you're still at the right age for it or you have kids of your own, you certainly want to give it a serious thought as it's really fun to go out barefoot on Halloween. You can also attend a party wearing a barefoot costume at someone's home or a public place. Some establishments may make an exception to their "no bare feet" policy for Halloween, especially if it's a private pa...
Girl barefoot at school story Going barefoot to/at school is quite common in some countries like Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and India (see the picture at the bottom of the post). It was also quite prevalent in the US in the old days. A few elementary schools in Hawaii still allow their students to attend school in bare feet. Unfortunately however, most kids today are denied this wonderful experience. So can you blame them for cherishing every chance they've got to go barefoot at school even if only for a brief moment? My little sister Sharleen (nicknamed Lynn) and I went to a private elementary school with a rather strict dress code. We had to wear uniform everyday that included a tie and white closed shoes. White socks had to be worn at all times in the beginning. Being an avid barefooter, I always wanted to be barefoot as much as possible. So I would usually take off my tie along with my shoes and socks on the (city) bus, and walk barefoot home from the bus stop...
by sharleen wl a couple of days ago there was a discussion on the reddit barefoot sub about being barefoot in mud. the op wrote: "i just love it when the mud oozes up between the toes and covers my feet." i love being barefoot in mud too but i don't get to do it very often. however this reminds me of my experience when i was a kid around 12 years old. our family was on vacation and staying at a mountain resort. one morning as i woke up i stepped out the back door. the morning was warm and the air smelled faintly of tropical flowers. i stood on the edge of the meadow behind the resort, my bare toes sinking into the soft grass. "i'm glad i don't have anything on my feet," i thought to myself with a grin, brushing my hair out of my face. so i set off toward the far end of the meadow where a trail dipped down into the woods. the ground was cool and damp from last night's rain and before long my feet were speckled with mud. the deeper i went the messier i...
Disclosure
As an Amazon Associate, the owner of this blog earns from qualifying purchases with no additional cost to you.
Check out our other blogs
Comments
Post a Comment