encounters with kids

one time i was riding on the elevator in my apartment complex together with a little boy about 4 years old and his mom. the boy stared at my bare feet and pointed them to his mom without saying anything. the mom then said, 'yeah, he's not wearing any shoes!' and smiled at me. i just smiled back and nothing more was said till i got off on my floor.

another time i was in a grocery store looking at some stuff on the shelf and there was a little girl about 3 years old standing nearby. she turned toward me and immediately her eyes were fixated on my bare feet, and her face expressed total disbelief as her jaw started to drop. her dad was looking at other stuff on the shelf and wasn't even paying attention to her daughter or me. nothing was said and i finally walked away kind or ammused.